- Maintain and enhance the Visa Payment Authorization System
- Provide support and problem resolution for the Authorization system
- Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
- Work with other team members to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Lead and mentor junior team member on smaller tasks
- Drive improvements in product quality and DevOps practices
- Initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate, to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- 5+ years of applications design and development experience required
- C language experience in a professional capacity required
- Experience developing for and deploying to Linux OS required
- Experience with software version management with GIT required
- Experience with at least one of these: Go language, Cassandra, Kafka
- Strong experience with automated unit testing
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to work well with a team in a high-performance organization
- Ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Experience with Go programming language
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Cassandra and/or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with Jenkins, ELK stack, Grafana
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience implementing software solutions in a highly complex environment
- Experience in developing electronic payment systems is desirable
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler and the Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) operating system
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus
Denver, CO - United States of America
Golang Job Details
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Flex Work Arrangement: This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 103,300 to 134,300 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.