- The Expert: You are an expert in one of these technologies: Cloud Native Computing, GoLang, or Frontend using Angular. You know the right patterns and techniques to make things simpler for your colleagues and more reliable for our customers.
- The Mentor: You have experience from delivering high quality solutions. You love to take that experience and level up the intermediate developers around you to help them become senior developers too.
- The Shipper: You excel at taking the great ideas from nothing to usable prototype. You know which corners to cut now, so that as the idea takes off it will be easy to improve and scale.
- The Generalist: You have worked on multiple and varied large projects. When there is a tough problem your experience will allow you to find a workable solution, because it is similar enough to something you have done before.
- Raise the quality of outcomes delivered by the team you are on.
- Develop software in teams of 3-5 developers. With the ability to take on tasks from the team and independently work on them to completion.
- Follow best practices to write clean, maintainable, scalable, and tested software.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers to design solutions that help our Partners connect digital solutions to small and medium sized businesses.
- 5+ years experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science, or 5+ years experience in a related field
- Experience or strong understanding with high scalability, data-intensive, distributed Internet applications
- Proficiency in modern software language, and willingness to quickly learn our technology stack
- Cloud Native Computing using Google Cloud Platform
- BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Pub/Sub, Google Data Studio, Cloud IAM, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Datastore, Google Maps Platform, Stackdriver, etc… We have been invited to join the Early Access Program on quite a few GCP technologies.
- Elasticsearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Benefits - health, dental, life, and disability insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP)*, and $500 annual Health Spending Account. Premiums for health & dental insurance will be covered by Vendasta!
- Vacation - Minimum 3 weeks paid vacation per year; uncapped sick time policy.
- Employee Options Program - get in on Vendasta’s growth and success!
- Sweet Eats - On site cafeteria with beverages & snacks all day and free catered lunch every Friday
- Training & Career Development - Education reimbursement program, professional development plans, leadership workshops, mentorship program, and so much more!
- Culture - comprised of our core values: Drive, Innovation, Respect, and Agility
- Social Events - Ideas on Tap, ski trips, virtual talent shows, yoga classes, and more!
- Giving Back - endless opportunities to take part in programs and initiatives that give back to the community we work in, including paid volunteer time.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
At Vendasta, we believe in helping great local businesses survive and thrive in a world that’s more competitive than ever—and we’re growing our team! This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing tech companies in Canada and make a direct impact on local economies worldwide. In a world where local businesses all over the globe have had their livelihoods turned upside down, Vendasta continues to help them embrace digital solutions and flourish.
Vendasta is a certified Great Place to Work and Best Workplace™ for Today’s Youth and Women. Keep reading if you’d like to join us on our mission to support small businesses all over the world.
About the Job
Developers at Vendasta work in teams, working with Product Managers and Designers in the creation of new features and products. Our Research and Development department works hard to help developers learn, grow, and experiment while at work. With a group of over 70 developers, we have fostered an environment that provides developers with the opportunity to continuously learn from each other.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate that they are bright and can tackle tough problems, while being able to communicate their solution to others. They are creative and can mix technology with the customer’s problems to find the right solution. Lastly, they are driven and will motivate themselves and others to get things done. As a Senior Software Developer, we expect that you will grow into a thought leader at Vendasta, driving better results across our development organization.
We are looking for a candidate who fits one of these personas:
Skills and Qualifications
Technologies We Use
So what do we actually do? We create an entire platform full of digital products & solutions that help small to medium sized businesses (SMBs) have a stronger presence online through digital advertising, online listings, reputation management, website creation, social media marketing … and much more! Our platform is used exclusively by channel partners, who sell products and services to SMBs, allowing them to leverage us to scale and grow their business. We’re trusted by 60,000+ channel partners, serving over 5.5 million small to medium businesses worldwide!