- Collaborate with engineers, QAs, designers, and partners to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering scalable technology worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across projects and distributed development teams.
- Support and maintain a suite of multi-territory transactional systems, building new features to support the growth of global business.
- Support, mentor and develop the backend team
- Work closely with seniors and the leadership team to architect solutions, evaluate existing and emerging technology choices, and steer the overall technical direction.
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- Are a confident Golang developer (kudos if you have Python/Node experience too).
- Can translate product or business requirements into technological initiatives.
- Possess a solid foundation of sound engineering practices.
- You actively invest in your technical skills and abilities.
- You are proficient in one or more of the following database systems: MySQL, MariaDB, Cassandra, Postgres/CockroachDB, Spanner, MongoDB or CouchDB. We use Spanner, CockroachDB and MySQL.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving issues.
- 50% discount on Lush products and spa treatments
- Pension scheme
- Access to bonus scheme
- Day off for weekday birthdays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- 6 months’ full pay for parental leave (primary caregiver)
- Financial childcare support on return to work
- Flexible working
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
LUSH Global Digital Ltd
Midweight £33,00 - £49,000 depending on location and experience
Diversify our future
We are building a brand that represents the people of the world. It’s what you do that counts, and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future.
We see you, we celebrate you, we want you!
Who we are
You might know us as the inventors of the bath bomb, but there’s more to this great-smelling, privately-owned and family-run company than pioneering cosmetics. We believe our business should put more back into the world than it takes and demonstrate that capitalism can be a force for good. We fight cruel practices like animal testing, promote regeneration, and show that what’s inside counts - whether that’s an ingredient in a product, or the minerals in a smartphone.
Our team of engineers at Lush Global Digital design, build, and operate a global scale micro service-oriented cloud architecture for our Digital and Retail businesses. We’re looking for Engineers to help us maintain and build our microservices based, API-first, cloud-native and headless ecosystem to increase flexibility, speed and simplicity for our business.
What you’ll do:
Who you are:
What’s it like working for Lush
People are at the heart of our business. We want you to enjoy and challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don’t know, so we’ve created a culture where your job description is a starting point, not an end goal. Our working style is flexible, fluid, supportive, and authentic - if you’ve got the drive to push yourself and try different things, you will have our support.
You can find out more about Lush Digital here - https://weare.lush.com/lush-life/our-company/we-are-digital/
If all this sounds like you please send us your CV and covering letter, detailing why you would be a perfect fit for the role along with your current salary and expectations.