- You'll build and own software services and components that meet business needs.
- You'll be hands-on in Software Design, Software Development, Software Testing, Software Releases, and Software Operations; end-to-end ownership.
- You'll guide the identification and definition of key architectures, components, and interfaces, design of data models, and data/information flow.
- You will lead the development of high-quality, secure, and operationally excellent software services, and solutions
- You'll introduce, influence, and adopt new technologies and innovations as applicable with the team to help build quality Software products.
- You'll mentor and develop fellow teammates through code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- You will champion the team's long-term success by participating in interviews, software design reviews, and technical discoveries.
- You'll collaborate with Product Managers and business leaders to understand and drive software solutions.
- You will drive continuous improvement of best practices, guidelines, and overall software development efficiency metrics
- Develop test strategies, work with test automation frameworks, and write unit/functional tests to drive code coverage and automation metrics
- Own root cause analysis and develop operational health metrics and monitoring strategies for complex services.
- Learn, Develop and Grow professionally through our wide array of learning opportunities by evolving the Varis Platform
- Bilingual with English.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years' professional work experience as a full-stack or back-end software engineer with hands-on experience and strong knowledge across:
- Advanced C#, Java, C++, or Golang
- Unit test development and integration testing
- Participation in software product architecture and design
- Guiding less-experienced software engineers
- Agile methodologies
- Previous microservices-based architecture, design, and components development
- Work developing and supporting an environment with a high volume of transactions
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior experience designing and building scalable Microservices with a cloud-native SOA patterned (service-oriented architecture)
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment working with multiple stakeholders, developing clarity in all stages of Agile-based Software Development Life Cycle
- Familiarity with database design, data modeling, and databases (relational and non-relational)
- Exposure to building and hosting of Software components with public cloud IaaS & PaaS (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Prior experience with automation tools (e.g., JUnit, JMeter/k6, or Postman/Newman)
- Prior experience building and managing containerized applications (Kubernetes, Docker, Swarm, etc.)
- Prior experience with Git-based source code model and CI-CD Release management tools (e.g., Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- Prior experience in working with security protocols, Authentication-Authorization frameworks, and encryption techniques
- Prior experience in Operational support aspects of applications which includes incident management, monitoring, health checks, notifications setup, and Reporting
- 100% remote work in Mexico
- Christmas bonus
- Vacation and personal days
- Vacation bonus
- Profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Savings fund
- Food vouchers
- Telework allowance
Querétaro - Mexico
Golang Job Details
This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in Mexico.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP). We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement and business-to-business (B2B) Marketplaces. Our culture is focused on a bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) solutions to learn, then either failing or scaling fast as we iterate towards our product goals.
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
JOB ID: 10083
Quick apply by emailing your resume to: [email protected]
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will drive value creation and be an integral team member of our innovative Product & Technology organization. You can contribute collaboratively to this pivotal transformation in the B2B space with Varis. Like-minded, passionate, caring individuals surround you. You will bring the same qualities as your team, who love problem-solving, have strong interpersonal savvy, and are eager to learn on the fly!
In your role as a Staff Software Engineer, you will significantly impact our systems and our business. Most importantly, our customers. As a team member, you will work closely with the business and technology product groups to design and implement high-quality software products in our fast-paced environment. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle, including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing, and operations.
Nice to Have
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates.