- work closely with the development team to deliver our high quality, secure product
- expand the capabilities of the product with new functionality
- build high-performance memory-safe client facing systems
- create a robust operating system with the latest technologies
- create and deliver presentations and technical documentation for internal teams
- work with CI/CD and automated testing environments
- have access to engineering hardware and development kits
- recommend new technology and share your expertise with the team to grow our collective knowledge
- build a fulfilling career with a modern company that values personal and professional growth
- 2+ years of professional software development experience including a minimum 1+ years of specifically Rust development
- Experience with:
- embedded software development to create Android OS using;
- C, and Rust
- Linux kernel Programming.
- mocking/testing frameworks
- git version control
- familiarity with concurrency patterns in Rust and other languages.
- an understanding of computer security, encryption, and common threat vectors; Secure coding practices are second nature for you
- comfortable creating and working with Data Structures
- expertise in the development of algorithms to handle exceptions and errors
- ability to install and verify firmware on embedded systems
- understanding of systems integration, and device integration
- ability to utilize, test and debug the latest versions of the Linux Kernel and apply kernel patches
- developed firmware algorithms to handle exceptional conditions and errors.
- a demonstrated ability to build and deliver high quality, secure, tested code
- the ability to consider problems from multiple angles to contribute effectively to solutions
- adaptability in a fast paced, dynamic, and growing organization
- proficiency in creating and delivering presentations and technical documentation
- effective collaboration with both technical and non-technical audiences
- the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- a willingness to take ownership of projects and technologies while sharing your expertise with the team
- strong spoken and written English communication
- Android OS development
- client server protocols (e.g. REST, GRPC, protobuf)
- cryptography and cryptosystems (e.g. PKI, hashing, certificates)
- database frameworks (e.g. Realm, Room, SQLite)
- continuous integration environments (GitLab CI)
- other programming languages (e.g. Golang, Python, bash)
- a variety of software development methodologies (e.g. iterative prototyping, Agile)
- building test plans and strategies for Quality Assurance
- a degree, preferably B.Sc. Engineering or Computer Science, or
- a diploma from a technical institution, or
- a relevant certification from a recognized training institution.
- a private work area, such as a rented space or a home office
- a stable, high-speed internet connection on a reliable network
- a computer with sufficient processing power to meet work commitments
- a headset and camera for meetings
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Android OS Development: 1 year (required)
- developing firmware algorithms: 1 year (required)
- Rust Development: 1 year (required)
- C Development: 4 years (preferred)
- Linux Kernel Programming: 1 year (required)
Vancouver - Canada
Golang Job Details
We are StormFree
StormFree Cloud Corporation (StormFree) is constructing the future of cloud-driven enterprise services, and enabling businesses to control their own data without sacrificing security. Our Platform empowers companies to easily, effectively, and affordably deploy and manage technology services within their business ecosystem by providing integrations that support interoperability at all levels of infrastructure while embracing the expandability of cloud computing.
StormFree has recently partnered with multiple established international companies to grow our offerings by providing integrations and unique IP development. We are looking for developers that want to work with new exciting technologies and work in an enterprise environment with modern development tools such as Rust. Each team member provides a valuable voice and plays an important role in our mission to explore, leverage, and develop modern technology solutions.
Founded in 2018, we have always functioned as a remote working environment with employees based across Canada, and will continue to do so. To learn more about StormFree, please check our website at https://www.stormfree.cloud.
We Invite You
StormFree is looking for looking for a Rust developer with experience developing on any of the following; Android OS, Linux Kernel, KVM, rust-vmm (CrosVM/Firecracker/etc), or virtio, to join our team. You will work closely with the development team to deliver our high quality, secure products to our clients. In this role you will use a test-driven approach to creating rust components for open-source operating systems and for desktop computers, laptops, phones, and tablets. This role can also be called Embedded Software Developer, Android Mobile Engineer, Kernel Developer or Firmware Engineer
As a Software Developer, experience working in continuous integration environments, establishing robust virtualization systems, and building memory-safe components for the latest OS versions and technology (for example Android 12-13, Fuchsia, and virtio vhost-user) are key components to this role. We are seeking a great communicator and team player who is passionate about technology, excited to be part of a fresh, enterprising venture, and has a solid track record of delivering results.
As a Software Developer you will:
Your required qualifications include:
Your preferred experience includes:
Your preferred education includes either:
Your Work Environment
Your work space must have:
This is a salaried position, working remotely. Compensation is based on experience and performance.
We thank you for your interest in working with StormFree. You will be contacted if you are selected to move forward with the next step in our process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
Expected start date: 2022-09-05