- You will be responsible for designing, building, and evolving our platform on the cloud
- You will work on event-driven systems and keep yourself up-to-date with the latest technologies to help you create scalable and resilient software
- You will work in a diverse, international team using agile methodologies, constantly striving to improve team collaboration and processes
- You will participate in on-call rotations and be available for escalations, ensuring that our team’s critical services are always up and running
- You will collaborate effectively with teammates and support our internal customers, the various engineering teams within the SIXT TECH organization
- You will focus on high engineering quality and become an expert in some of the services and libraries that are the core of our platform
- You will use your communication skills to influence engineers to focus on relevant engineering improvements aligned with our strategic goals.
- You will plan, execute, and communicate cross-functional efforts with other product engineering teams and align with the SIXT TECH technology roadmap.
- 5 years of deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure best practices and modern software engineering using micro services and cloud-native technologies
- Experience writing libraries and services with strong non-functional requirements in a distributed system based on cloud native technology.
- Effective communication skills in English; experience collaborating with senior engineers and guiding others based on good engineering principles
Munich - Germany
Golang Job Details
As a Senior Engineer, you are an individual contributor who is building and running core microservices. You play an integral part in our TECH organization as part of the Platform Services team, which owns our core libraries and services used by hundreds of engineers in various product teams across the organization.
Together with your colleagues in your team, you drive the evolution of our platform at the PaaS level and collaborate with other SRE teams within the Platform Division. This includes experimenting with alternative options, evolving developer tooling and the core services and libraries that we provide centrally in Java Spring Boot and GoLang.
DO WHAT YOU LOVE
COME AS YOU ARE
Working at SIXT not only means creating the future of mobility, but also offers personal benefits. This means especially for you: 30 days of vacation, no dress code, choose your own device, support for pension plans & capital-forming benefits, mobility allowance of 20€/month and flexible working hours. Due to the current situation, we are of course working completely in mobile work wherever possible. But even under normal conditions, from now on you can decide from where you want to approach your work: Up to 50% of your monthly working time you can work completely mobile and from anywhere, of which up to 30 days per year in other European countries (EU, CH & UK).
In addition, we offer you a super international working environment, numerous trainings for your individual development, participation in external conferences and we even organize internal dev & tech talks. Our Feel Good Manager will be happy to help you with the organization or to assist you when you move to Germany from abroad and need to organize visas or other administrative procedures.
It's also important to balance out your work: That's why you have access to our employee restaurant (and yes, we insist on restaurant, because it's too high quality for a canteen) as well as various recreational opportunities such as the gaming area, the SIXT soccer team or the SIXT choir - to name just a few. In addition, of course, employee benefits for SIXT rent, share, ride and SIXT+, car leasing offers, discounts with partners for travel, technology, clothing, etc. as well as free cyber sports courses.
In addition, your colleagues are pretty awesome. Which is important when you spend so much time together, and besides, no wonder when you get a bonus for referring friends as new employees. If something does bother you, you'll always have someone to confide in through regular feedback sessions, employee surveys or our psychological hotline through the Fürstenberg Institute. Otherwise, we live "work hard, play hard" - our parties are legendary! We also demand and promote DiverSIXTy, a corporate culture of acceptance, appreciation, and respect, in which everyone can develop their personality and ideas.
About the department:
Engineers take note: cutting edge technology is waiting for you! We don't buy, we primarily do it all ourselves: all core systems, whether in the area of car sharing, car rental, ride hailing and much more, are developed and operated by SIXT itself. Our technical scope ranges from cloud and on-site operations through agile software development. We rely on state-of-the-art frameworks and architectures and strive for a long-term technical approach. Exciting? Then apply now!
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €1.53 billion and around 7,000 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,070 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!