- Building cutting edge microservices using the latest technologies like Golang, gRPC, Redis, Docker, and GraphQL
- Working in small autonomous Agile squads
- Providing mentorship to other back end developers, particularly in Golang space
- Upskilling across DevOps, React and other areas of our stack.
- With strong, proven engineering skills
- With a real passion for mentoring
- With excellent analytical skills
- That is self-starting, and has a desire to learn
- Who is testing and quality focused
- Who will help guide the technical direction of our microservices landscape
- Competitive base salary and market leading Incentive Scheme that rewards and recognises performance & success!
- Career development and quality training - tailored to your needs.
- Every day is flexible - we believe in the future of work where our work is led by task and purpose.
- Complimentary subscriptions to all our platforms including Sydney Morning Herald, AFR, The Age, Brisbane Times and WA today.
- Brand new offices in the heart of North Sydney – within our building are our news and filming studios where all the action happens plus Harbour views!
- 16 weeks paid primary carer's parental leave.
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
North Sydney - Australia
Golang Job Details
At Nine, we’re reinventing how the country consumes news, across our digital web and mobile app properties such as the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age & Australian Financial Review.
We have a brand new, modern tech stack entirely cloud-first with a fully automated, Slack integrated CI/CD DevOps environment and we need more engineers to take it to the next level.
Are you looking for a driven, diverse and collaborative hybrid/remote work environment? Would you like to work with amazingly talented colleagues in a business with the scale of a major media company? We'd love to talk with you, so apply today.
What you'll be doing
What technologies you'll be exposed to
We're looking for individuals
Life at Nine:
Nine is a people business. Being part of the team means you’ll be in a culture that promotes creativity and innovation, diversity and inclusion, is open to feedback, rewards impact and ensures everyone is heard. Importantly, you'll receive the following:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine’s Workplace Condition of Entry:
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes