- Build and own software services with hands-on Design, Development, Testing, Release, and Operations of software components meeting the business needs.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and business leaders to understand and drive software solutions.
- Ensure robustness and efficiency of the solutions, balancing best practices, security, and operational excellence.
- Participate in code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Apply software engineering and Object-Oriented Design principles to deliver high-quality working software that benefits our customers.
- Learn new technologies and patterns in the Software Development paradigm.
- Learn, Develop, and Grow professionally through our wide array of learning opportunities by evolving the Varis Platform.
- Bilingual with English.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 0 - 2+ years' professional work experience as a full-stack or back-end software engineer with hands-on experience and strong knowledge across
- C#, Java, C++ or Golang
- Development experience for microservices-based architecture, design, and components
- Unit test development and integration testing
- Participation in software product architecture and design
- Guiding less-experienced software engineers
- Agile methodologies
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment working with multiple stakeholders, developing clarity in all stages of Agile-based Software Development Life Cycle
- Familiarity with database design, data modeling, and databases (relational and non-relational)
- Previous microservices-based architecture, design, and components development.
- Exposure to building and hosting of Software components with public cloud IaaS & PaaS services like compute, database, messaging, object storage, networking, and security
- Prior experience with automation tools (e.g.: JUnit, JMeter/k6, or Postman/Newman)
- Prior experience building and managing containerized applications (Kubernetes, Docker, Swarm, etc.)
- Prior experience with Git-based source code model and CI-CD Release management tools (e.g.: Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- Prior experience in working with security protocols, Authentication-Authorization frameworks, and encryption techniques
- Prior experience in Operational support aspects of the applications which include incident management, monitoring, health checks, Notification setup, and Reporting
- 100% remote work in Mexico
- Christmas bonus
- Vacation and personal days
- Vacation bonus
- Profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Savings fund
- Food vouchers
- Telework allowance
Monterrey - Mexico
Golang Job Details
This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in Mexico.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP). We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement and business-to-business (B2B) Marketplaces. Our culture is focused on a bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) solutions to learn, then either failing or scaling fast as we iterate towards our product goals.
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
Quick apply by emailing your resume to: [email protected]
We seek a Software Engineer to join our team in Mexico for greenfield development on our cloud-native SAAS applications using Golang, Azure, Kubernetes, Microservices, and Event-Driven architecture.
Nice to Have
Job ID: 10094
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates.