- Translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs.
- Ensure application SLAs are met by employing appropriate monitoring and alerting tools required by each supported application.
- Work with development leads and assist in:
- Developing overall application technology design activities
- With the identification and defining key architectures, components, and interfaces, design of data models, and data/information flows.
- Work with technical product managers to prioritize development activities and estimate effort levels.
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the company.
- Bilingual with English.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' work experience as a full-stack or back-end software engineer.
- Hands-on advanced coding experience with Java.
- Working knowledge of:
- Spring, Spring Boot, and Spring MVC
- Vertx and GraphQL
- HTTP, WebSocket, and gRPC
- Git source code management
- Kubernetes or Docker
- NoSQL DB (e.g. Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic)
- RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Linux/Unix basics
- API design experience with advanced HTTP and Swagger, producing & consuming service endpoints.
- Detail-oriented team player with solid communication skills.
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Hands-on coding experience with Golang
- Knowledge of Tomcat, Netty, Jetty, JBoss, or Nginx.
- Familiarity with the following: shell scripting, Python, Nodejs, Oauth, JWT, EKS, GKE, or AKS.
- 100% remote work in Mexico
- Christmas bonus
- Vacation and personal days
- Vacation bonus
- Profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Savings fund
- Food vouchers
- Telework allowance
Aguascalientes - Mexico
Golang Job Details
This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in Mexico.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP). We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement and business-to-business (B2B) Marketplaces. Our culture is focused on a bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) solutions to learn, then either failing or scaling fast as we iterate towards our product goals.
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
JOB ID: 10111
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll design, build, and maintain high-quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer Search experience. You're an ideal candidate for this role if you have advanced coding skills in Java or Golang, some hands-on experience with agile software design, and a knack for helping others-elevating the work of everyone around you.
Nice to Have
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates.