- Marketplace team
- Rental Management team
- Payments team
- Internal Operations team
- At least 5 years of backend development experience with relevant experience in Go
- You have built distributed systems in the past and are willing to solve complex distributed problems.
- You have experience in designing and building simple Restful API used by many different teams/developers.
- You understand the importance of data and their quality to gain insights from them.
- Experience with GRPC, Protobuf is a strong advantage
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a strong advantage
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- Coaching and training opportunities to help you grow professionally with a personal development budget of 1.000,- per year
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs
- 10% of work time for personal development
- Company discount on Gym membership in the Netherlands
- Discount on NS Business Card or full reimbursement, if you do not live in Rotterdam
- Company-sponsored team-building activities
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation and visa sponsorship
An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Golang Job Details
About HousingAnywhere & Kamernet*
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Tenants typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we employ more than 150 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to rapidly expand our footprint.
Kamernet is the largest platform for rental properties in The Netherlands since 2000. We bridge housing supply and demand by understanding our users’ needs and providing them with the most efficient tools for renting (out) a room, studio or apartment.
Recently, Kamernet joined HousingAnywhere. Together we are on the mission to fully digitise the entire rental experience. We have the ambition to at least double our business in the upcoming years and improving our product is at the cornerstone of that ambition.
Golang is our backend language of choice, unless something else is needed. We run Node.js on some of our systems close to the frontend, and our Data Platform team prefers using Python. We persist data in PostgreSQL, Redis and GCP Storage.
We run our services inside Docker containers in a Kubernetes cluster, all running in GCP GKE.
We use gRPC and messaging queue(s) in addition to HTTP for communication.
Our Frontend stack is built on React/TypeScript. We love Git and we deploy our software with confidence using cypress, and Git Ops.
You will join one of the different product teams.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will join one of our product teams, and you will contribute hands on in evolving our Marketplace into building blocks that compose our Rental platform, who builds new features and use cases on top of our rental platform.
On a daily basis you will work with product managers and tech lead in your team to refine product requirements and use DDD techniques to extract building blocks that can be added to our rental platform.
Your profile: *
What's in it for you?*
Location: Blaak 555, Postcode 3011 in Rotterdam
Job Type: Full-time