- Partner with senior and lead developers to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs
- Design, build, and maintain high-quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Ensure application SLAs are met by employing appropriate monitoring and alerting tools required by each supported application.
- Work with development leads and assist in:
- Developing overall application technology design activities
- The identification and definition of key architectures, components, and interfaces, design of data model, and data/information flows
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Varis team
- Bilingual with English.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years' work experience as a full-stack or back-end software engineer.
- Hands-on coding experience with Java.
- Working knowledge of:
- Spring, Spring Boot, and Spring MVC
- Vertx or GraphQL
- Kubernetes or Docker
- NoSQL DB (e.g. Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic)
- RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Linux/Unix basics
- Ability to create unit, performance, and integration tests (JUnit, jMeter/k6 & Postman/Newman)
- Ability to translate business and stakeholder needs into development projects.
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Hands-on coding experience with Golang
- Knowledge of Tomcat, Netty, Jetty, JBoss, or Nginx.
- Familiarity with the following: shell scripting, Python, Nodejs, Oauth, JWT, EKS, GKE, or AKS.
- Detail-oriented team player with solid communication skills.
- 100% remote work in Mexico
- Christmas bonus
- Vacation and personal days
- Vacation bonus
- Profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Savings fund
- Food vouchers
- Telework allowance
Guadalajara - Mexico
Golang Job Details
This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in Mexico.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP). We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement and business-to-business (B2B) Marketplaces. Our culture is focused on a bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) solutions to learn, then either failing or scaling fast as we iterate towards our product goals.
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
JOB ID: 10095
The role of Software Engineer is to design, build and maintain high-quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with the Team Lead & Sr. Developers, Product Managers, and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs which will be implemented as production-ready application code using Java or Golang.
Candidates should have solid coding skills in Java or Golang, with 2 to 3 years of development experience in one of these or similar languages. Candidates should have a working familiarity with at least one public cloud platform and an understanding of application containerization concepts (i.e. Kubernetes / Docker etc.)
Nice to Have
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates.