- Build and lead globally distributed teams of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Grow and develop new engineering managers to help create high-performing teams
- Support your teams in timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Effectively set and manage expectations with other internal organisations, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelise great engineering and organisational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Work from home with global travel up to 20% for internal and external events
- You love developing and growing healthy teams and have a track record of doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development and organisational management
- You value getting things done by turning product vision into executable strategy
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring engineering managers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
Porto - Portugal
Golang Job Details
Lead engineering across multiple teams on a large open source Golang project that drives complex, highly concurrent distributed software systems across the world - on Kubernetes, on clouds and on bare metal. This is an exceptionally challenging role that requires deep insights into the technical stack from kernel and filesystems, through networking, to containers and Kubernetes constructs. In addition, as an engineering leadership role it requires an understanding of team dynamics and software engineering practices at the highest level.
As an engineering director at Canonical you own both the product and the team, and are entrusted to ensure that they are continually improving, doing valuable work, and finding intellectual satisfaction at Canonical. Astute technical leadership and management acumen is needed to challenge and grow your teams. You will have the opportunity to influence culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your teams on strategy and execution.
What you'll do
Who you are
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.