Up to 10K events per sec per service.
System handling over 9000 searches per second.
Over 10 million live Listings
Serving the biggest classifieds sites in CA, DE, NL and BE
End-to-end ownership of the seller's journey, from the shop around the corner to big retail brands
- Interest in People Management/Leadership
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical people
- A drive to cultivate Engineering Excellence in the team
- 5+ years of hands on experience in Software Engineering (GoLang is preferred)
- Experience with agile processes and software development lifecycle
- A can-do attitude (sarcasm is allowed) and drive to solve problems for our partners and customers
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Golang Job Details
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
The First Party Advertising technology tribe (iCAS) is looking for an Engineering Teamlead to strengthen the team. We are building an internally used advertising engine combined with seller tools, to deliver shopping listings to the multiple platforms we are connected with in Adevinta. Some of our complexities are the high traffic and volume demand, high uptime, handling click-fraud and optimising the listings being shown.
We do this through a technology stack mainly running through GoLang based microservices, with eventing on Kafka, reporting on Clickhouse and Datastorage on MySQL. We run these services through Nomad on our own private cloud, and we handle the dev-ops activities such as deployment (Github, Jenkins), uptime (lots of 9s), monitoring (Prometheus, Pagerduty, Grafana) and maintenance as well. Our frontend is based on React and Next.js. This stack is in constant evolution and flux to support growth as well as our own efficiency, and we are always looking for the next steps (AWS is on our near-term radar)
We are looking to grow the team to onboard new Adevinta markets, evolve our product offering (better catering to our sellers) and improve and migrate our technology stack.
What you’ll do:
For specifically this role we are looking for a Teamlead for our Connecting team, who work on our search, ranking and relevance product. This team is a mix of Machine Learning, Backend Development and High Performance engineering. Having affinity with this is a strong pre (and potential growth opportunity)
Our teams are set up in a multidisciplinary way, where we strive for a high level of autonomy in building and delivering functionality. As an Engineering Teamlead you are responsible for the Engineering Excellence of one of such teams, where you coach and guide engineers, are a sparring partner for the product manager and keep an eye out on the efficiency of our practices and processes. In this role, you are the direct manager for multiple engineers as well. You are still expected to be hands-on with the technology, and we will strive to find a proper balance between the different aspects.
Who you are:
Note: To some extent we tailor the job to the person. So don’t be scared by the list of requirements, we can always have a digital cup-of-coffee about it
What you’ll get from us:
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.