- ...iterate and do the smallest thing possible to get it out as quickly as possible:We don't write large plans, only the first step. We trust that we'll know better how to proceed after something, anything is done. If we're slightly embarrassed by the minimal result of the first iteration, that means we're doing it right. In the beginning, it might hurt to make decisions fast and without extensive preparation, but frequently, the simplest version turns out to be the best one and we learn from real results and not assumptions. Our iterative approach is explicitly not limited to software development but also applies to things like processes, security, partnerships, marketing and sales.
- ...are bold and responsible:At Aigent we act bold and fearless and we don’t wait for others to take action. There is no ‘somebody else’s problem’ and if we see a problem, we fix it. Instead of asking for permission, we ask for forgiveness if our changes break something.
- ...are disruptive but seek harmony:We are a diverse team not only in nationalities, but also in personalities and opinions. We embrace the value we gain through this. Everyone has the responsibility to challenge existing approaches throughout the company, nothing should be safe of criticism or questions. We value and welcome different perspectives, it’s what makes us authentic! This approach only works with empathy and patience. We assume only the best intentions from our peers. We make sure others understand what we’re trying to say, and ensure we understand others by using active listening.
- ...bring new ideas and use boring solutions:The result counts! We use any means necessary to solve a problem; our toolbox includes anything from ugly solutions and dirty hacks, to using new technologies and coming up with innovative ideas. We keep in mind that technology is a tool, not a goal. We don’t stay in our comfort zone and learn (and try!) something new every day. We work smart, not hard.
- ...stick to the vision and listen to the customers:Aigent’s goal is to help agents in real time during voice conversations and we keep this in mind whenever we work on our product and technologies. That means we are conscious on what we choose to work and on what we don’t work; we always strive to improve the experience for our end user with any change. We listen to the customer and the market to make sure we are adding maximum of value to our customers.
Work closely with product management to implement features as specified
Work with a team of backend and frontend developers
Use development best-practices to ensure our code is easy to extend and maintain.
Propose architecture and technology solutions best suited for a fast implementation, reliability and extendability of our features.
Implement state-of-the-art and compliant user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
Document the implementation to ensure our operations team can maintain and operate your application once deployed
Follow strict micro-services and single-purpose engineering principals while keeping it simple (KISS)
Databases (MySQL, ArangoDB/NoSQL db)(5 yrs)
Quality Assurance (Unit Testing, Linting, Continuous Integration)(2 yrs)
ELK stack(1 yr)
Deployment/CICD (Git, Docker, Kubernetes)(2 yrs)
Result and goal oriented while focus on quality and maintaining attention to detail
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Golang Job Details
We’re looking for a backend developer to join our feature implementation team. You will work with a team of backend and frontend developers on implementing new features as specified by product management. You will propose architecture and technology solutions best suited for a fast implementation, reliability and extendability of our features.
Aigent is scale-up, building technology to assist customer support agents to reduce call handling time and increase customers satisfaction with faster and better responses. We're building the future of the call centre industry with exciting software to assist customer service agents handling complex voice calls. With real-time natural language processing and sentiment analysis we deliver call centre agents and their managers real-time support for handling their ongoing calls.
About remote work at Aigent At Aigent we have decided to embrace remote work and the flexibility it gives us. Since 2 years, we are a full remote company with team members across the globe and in different timezones. While we certainly have not figured out this 'remote thing' 100%, we're trying hard and are always looking to improve. We run surveys and retrospectives to understand what our team thinks about working at Aigent, and to learn how we can improve. We have regular online pizza parties within small teams as well as with the whole company, and we're using online tools to hang out during our working hours, have small talk, and play games. We think it is important to appreciate each other's work, and organize a weekly kudos session to ensure that we take time to stop and thank our colleagues.
Ok. Last thing...
If you are still not sure, or still scared or feel that you don't meet 100% of the requirement, apply anyway! We don't hire off of keywords. We hire real living people who have voices; who are willing to learn what you need for your career growth. Yes, we want to hear from you! If you are ready, join our exciting and game-changing journey, click on "apply button" and we'll get in touch with you soonest as possible.