- You are a self-governing learner who can take a plan and implement it with a minimum of oversight.
- You are curious by nature and love to dig deep on problems, always asking "Why?".
- You communicate in a clear and concise manner, regardless of medium (text, voice, and in-person).
- You are a rational and critical thinker, with an inclination for evidence-based decision making.
- You have strong opinions that are weakly held.
- You have a team-first mentality and will naturally step in to support co-workers when you perceive them to be in difficulty.
- You will be nurturing and evolving the development ecosystem at Clio by providing the tools, infrastructure, and services that our developers rely on to transform the practice of law, for good.
- You will be creating, improving, and maintaining a globally distributed mesh of Clio service regions that acts as a foundation for each of our clients across the world to excel within their respective jurisdictions.
- You'll be recognizing opportunities for process improvement or automation and then writing clean, maintainable code in order to erase the manual task or nullify the pain point.
- Experience deploying cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code tools and practices
- Experience with automation and Devops best practices
- Experience administering cloud resources on the common cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience writing clean, maintainable code in collaboration with other developers.
- Experience building and working with containerized services.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code Tools(Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, Azure ARM)
- Experience with Devops tools (Buildkite, Shipit, Github Actions, Azure DevOps)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience scripting with BASH.
- Experience developing with Ruby or GoLang.
Toronto - Canada
Golang Job Details
Clio is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice.
We're looking for a Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
Who you are:
What you'll be doing:
What you may have:
This is not a check-list to be satisfied. If you have experience or interest in some of these areas, we'd love to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
Serious bonus points if you have:
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we've been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you've ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.