- Develop new user-facing features
- Develop server-side APIs and backend applications
- Develop a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with the APIs to support it
- Ability to design and build eCommerce platform modules i.e. catalog pages, product detail pages, shopping cart, checkout, etc.
- Responsible for the development of a new highly-responsive, web-based user interface
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Work and collaborate with the rest of the engineering team & work with product and marketing teams to crystallize product requirements
- Preferably a graduate of a 4-year college degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A minimum of 3+ years of previous work experience
- Experience with the Shopify API, or robust similar SAAS experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of React and Next.js framework.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ability to design and integrate RESTful APIs with Node.js and GoLang.
- SQL and NoSQL database design experience for performance tuning
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and continuous integration tools
- Java experience is a bonus.
- Can work autonomously
VIDA & Co
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
VIDA is a San Francisco-based Public-Benefits Corporation that offers design-forward, highly effective, and sustainable products that serve the health needs of conscientious consumers. Our products have been featured by publications including NBC, Today, Health, Prevention, VOGUE, Bazaar, Glamour, C|NET, and NPR, among others. VIDA was recognized by Fast Company for the World-Changing Ideas Award of 2021.
About this Role
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team. As a Full Stack Engineer focused on Front End development, you will be responsible for helping to scale a fast-growing multi-channel brand and technology platform across web and mobile web. Your mission is to create purposeful, on-brand eCommerce experiences which drive new customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. VIDA has a very unique stack. We are hosted on the Shopify platform, but maintain several projects outside of the Shopify ecosystem to augment our customer experience and sales funnels. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be maintaining our existing micro-service architecture to enable a rich front-end experience.
You'll be part of a cross-functional team that's responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a key member of the engineering team, you will build, test, deploy, and maintain our e-commerce site, and services that reach our customers and vendors, and you will be working closely with our Product/Marketing Managers.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end development, utilize current frameworks, and understand multiple programming languages. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design, utility, and speed.
React / Next.js
Kubernetes on GCE
Ideal VIDA candidates are:
Entrepreneurial & Self-Driven
Creative & Perseverant
Ambitious & Compassionate
Positive & Hard Working
The position is a full-time role, initially reporting to the CEO of VIDA, and is 100% remote. Working hours are in the PST timezone. The position comes with competitive compensation and a great benefits package.
100% work remotely
Paid time off
$100/ month work from home budget