- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
- Design, define, implement best practices in product, network and system security policies; identify product security vulnerability, thread modeling, and implement solutions.
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Engaged with customers to understand use cases and suggest solution architecture
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release & deployment processes (CI/CD)
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- 14+ years of experience in the software industry, which at least 3 years are in IOT platform and application development; industrial application experience a plus
- Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on front end UI and Micro-Services architecture. Knowledge of 12-factor application and proficient in applying common design patterns. Strong experience in containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services
- Expert knowledge in product and network security, protocols, authentication & authorization protocols and framework.
- Expert experience using IaaS and/or PaaS (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, vCloud Air); and virtualization environment (ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V, Docker, etc.).
- Experience with backend technology, overall application lifecycle and performance optimization also a definite plus
- Experience/exposure in React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
- Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge or experiences with industrial protocols a plus.
- Experience in testing framework - Mock frameworks
- Hands-on experience in design and code reviews.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software configuration tools; build script and CI/CD
- Architect, Design, Develop, Implement and Deploy enterprise level, high availability applications.
- Expert understanding of multi-threaded priority-based systems
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies and tools.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
This role a is hands-on Senior Software Development Lead to develop IOT applications platform and
solutions. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question
assumptions and be imaginative. Have a passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment. Participate in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.
What you will be doing
What you bring to the team
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge