- Develop our platform and its API’s to ensure the best possible developer experience for your colleagues.
- Work with, and improve, our static analysis tools and broader testing setup to catch bugs before they reach production.
- Iterate on our cloud infrastructure to support our growing business, all the while maintaining our impressive record in reliability.
- Evangelise and explain new paradigms and tools to your fellow developers.
- Create high-quality code that is understandable, reliable and reusable.
- You have at least two years of experience working with Linux or *BSD.
- You have at least two years of experience with a systems programming language (Python, Golang, Bash, etc.)
- You have run a non-trivial service at AWS, GCP or Azure.
- You have a great understanding of relational database technology, such as PostgreSQL.
- You have a good understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- You are a passionate learner who isn’t afraid of new tools and technologies.
- Experience working on systems that serve a large user base is a plus.
- Experience with React (Native) is a plus.
- Working with the best: a high-profile team experienced in building and scaling ventures from the ground up, with diverse backgrounds.
- The ability for you to learn quickly from others on the team.
- A team culture based on modesty, openness and excellence.
- A competitive salary and equity/stock.
- Regular hackweeks to work on anything you find worthwhile.
- A personal budget for yoga, sports and mobility.
- Time to get to know your colleagues during sports, events and tastings.
- A beautiful office in De Pijp in Amsterdam. Delicious and healthy lunch included.
- And... a sweet discount on your Crisp groceries, because you'll likely also want to eat well at home.
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Golang Job Details
When our customers shop for groceries in our app, there is a lot of tech at work, both customer-facing and behind the scenes. To support our growing engineering team, we are also looking to expand the team that enables our engineers to write good, verifiable code—and to then run that code at scale.
Full-time · De Pijp, Amsterdam
What we seek
We are looking for platform engineers that have experience throughout the entire development cycle. An ideal candidate has configured CI pipelines for the best developer experience ever, can reason about a databases' write load by looking at a query and knows how infrastructure on GCP or AWS works. Most importantly, this candidate is happy to explain such concepts to their colleagues.
Our approach to building software is lean and pragmatic, with a focus on building the right abstractions for our specific domain. We do not simply slap together a couple of NPM modules, but instead continuously balance how additional functionality impacts the complexity and technical debt that we have to manage.
Our stack currently consists of Typescript, React (Native), PostgreSQL, Golang and PHP. We prefer to work with people who have seen—or want to learn—different technologies, as we believe that all tools are a means to an end and it’s good to have some perspective.
We try to maintain a high level of clarity in our code base by putting in the time to modify abstractions to reflect our ever-changing business objectives. Through extensive automated testing, we have a lot of confidence in the code we release. Everyone in the team is encouraged to experience the entire release process: there are no dedicated testers or system administrators. At Crisp, you will ship code to production on day one.
What you will do
Who you are
We are looking for people with a strong background in software engineering. And regardless of whether you're just out of school or have been doing this work for 30 years (we love to work with both!), you fit the following profile:
What we offer