- Design, configure and support the Viasat internet infrastructure, assisting customers in migrating networks from old to new infrastructure.
- Design, Implement and manage solutions based on traffic acceleration and Carrier Grade NAT.
- Assist colleagues in design] activities related to the use of satellite technology as it is applied to commercial Aviation, Ground, Residential, and Government sectors.
- Maintenance of network devices, with particular attention to documentation and technology transfer towards the colleagues.
- Configure and operate the Viasat MPLS latest generation transport network
- Build and operate the network infrastructure dedicated to the data center
- Design, implementation and operation of DCN networks.
- Coordinate the activity of third party contractors and provide third-level network support.
- Interact with platform, compute and optical teams to run the Viasat infrastructure.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.[
- Coordinate activities with the Network Programmability team to move repeated tasks towards automation frameworks.
- Set up and operate the network infrastructure servicing our data centers, incorporating the latest Data Center interconnectivity, routing, and switching technologies.
- Interact with compute and application teams in order to provide the connectivity and the support required.
- Interact with the Viasat Global teams, even if it requires participation to meetings and events at odd hours
- 5+ years of prior hands-on experience in data center or internet service provider environments.
- Strong hands on technical knowledge of network components, comparable to CCNP/CCIE level (certification non required)
- Experience matured in DevOps environment strongly dependent on pipeline tools and on extensive automation.
- Strong and professional knowledge of the physical, data-link, network, transport and application layer protocols as they apply to integration of independent network, software, and hardware systems
- Solid understanding of IPv4/v6 routing and switching, advanced network communication protocols such as BGP, MPLS, GRE, VxLAN, EVPN, IPSec, VPN, Multicast, and Segment Routing.
- Some experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, GOLang etc..[DMF10] [GP11]
- Strong knowledge of Juniper, Arista, Cisco, and Fortinet network equipment.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for the design, implementation, and deployment of networking systems.
- Familiarity with public cloud platforms like: AWS, GCP, Openstack etc.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study required.
- Swiss, EU (25) or United States Citizenship is strictly mandatory, a Valid Swiss Work Permit will constitute a preference
- Availability to travel around 10%
- Familiarity with cloud services – IaaS, PaaS, AWS & Google Cloud
- Experience with continuous integration & delivery and DevOps methodologies
- Software Defined Network Engineering experience with software development capability using Python, Ansible, or Go
- Juniper, Fortinet, Arista or Cisco certifications.
- Proficient in software development tools, source code control environment
- Master's Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) platform environments
Lausanne - Switzerland
Golang Job Details
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives, continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. You will have the rare occasion to work on a state-of-the-art network infrastructure incorporating the latest technologies in network virtualization, routing, automation, and management. Our team is fearless in the pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first true global Internet Service Provider.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.