- Up to 10K events per sec per service.
- System handling up to 9000 searches per second.
- Over 10 million live Listings
- Serving the biggest classifieds sites in CA, DE, NL and BE
- End-to-end ownership of the seller's journey, from the shop around the corner to big retail brands
- Experience (or a deep interest) in Golang
- BS/BA level of thinking and cooperation
- Experience in a distributed, scalable, high-throughput and highly available systems
- Experience with Backend system design, API, Data storage and Networking
- Basic understanding and working proficiency with Linux and Cloud services
- 4+ years of work experience in the field of backend engineering
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques. Good leadership and communication skills.
- Participate in the on-call rotation together with the rest of engineering (we run what we build)
- A can-do attitude (sarcasm is allowed) and drive to solve problems for our partners and customers
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Golang Job Details
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.
The First Party Advertising technology team (iCAS) is looking for a Backend Engineer to strengthen the team. We are building an internally used advertising engine combined with seller tools, to deliver shopping listings to the multiple platforms we have within the eBay Classifieds Group. some of our complexities is the high traffic and volume demand, high uptime, handling click-fraud and optimising the listings being shown.
We do this through a technology stack mainly running through Go-lang based microservices, with eventing on Kafka, reporting on Clickhouse and Datastorage on MySQL. We run these services through Nomad on our own private cloud, and we handle the dev-ops activities such as deployment (Github, Jenkins), uptime (lots of 9s), monitoring (Prometheus, Pagerduty, Grafana) and maintenance as well. Our frontend is based on NodeJS and Knockout. This stack is in constant evolution and flux to support growth as well as our own efficiency
What you’ll do:
Your role in the team is to develop and maintain our microservices backend and infrastructure. Our teams focus on multiple aspects of our product, such as the Seller Experience (API/Frontend/Reporting), Playout (Search, Ranking and Event Processing) and Platform (Data, Security, Compliance, Pipelines).
Who you are:
What you’ll get from us:
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.