- Experience with RESTful API design, gRPC, Web Sockets
- Strong understanding of the Client - Server Architecture.
- Hands-on Experience in development with Backend Language (GoLang, NodeJS, etc), Mongo DB, MySQL
- Good Understanding and having worked on Sql and NoSql databases preferably MySQL and MongoDB.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, design patterns, source control management.
- Architect, Develop, test, and deploy robust products that are fast, scalable, and highly responsive.
- Ability to work in an Agile, fast-paced environment, and learn rapidly.
- Strong creative problem-solving ability.
- Having knowledge / worked on common AWS services.
- Experience with Python and CI/CD pipeline
- Worked on a Linux based environment
- Experience with version control tools such as GIT and its operations Push, Pull, Branching, Merging, conflict resolution.
- Strong portfolio and excellent attitude.
- Should have good programming and logical skills.
- Must be self-confident to work in a team and individually.
- Candidates have held 2 - 3 years of Experience in MongoDB, NodeJS/GoLand,MySQL.
- Have led a fast moving and experimentation/R&D oriented team in past
- Understanding of Jira
- Overall 7+ years of experience
- Ability to collaborate and meet deadlines
- Self-driven, responsible, and curious to learn
- Attention to details
- MacBook or Top windows laptop
- Headphones and similar accessories required for work
- Standing desk for office or home office infrastructure
- Devices (IOS or Android) if it's a requirement for work
We’re happy to offer a competitive salary package based on experience.
Noida - India
Golang Job Details
Backend Lead (Join us to Help Kids Become Confident Lifelong Learners)
About SKIDOS Vision & Mission
We want to be the world’s leading brand for developing 21st Century skills among families with kids. Our mission is to help kids become lifelong, confident, and happy learners. We believe it is more important NOW than ever before for kids to be equipped with both fundamental academic skills (Literacy & Numeracy) & non-academic skills ( eg: Critical thinking, Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, Information, Media & Tech literacy, Leadership & social skills, Initiative & Productivity). These skills are important for them to be well prepared for their adult life to achieve confidence, happiness & contentment while being resilient to all of life's uncertainties.
Our core product is an SDK that helps us embed learning content in great games. We offer parents a subscription service that allows them to access all the games and learning content. Currently, we have 75+ games available across on Apple and Google Play Store. We are a rapidly growing scale-up with a very ambitious and impactful mission, backed by leading VCs, Angel investors, and the Danish Growth Fund.
At SKIDOS, we believe in a positive work environment where you feel happy & content while working on something which is truly meaningful and impactful. We follow a flat-org culture where every member of the team is equal and has a say in the company culture, product vision and strategy. We do not believe in micro-management but instead believe in creating an environment to help you learn and shine.
We give a lot of freedom to everyone to enable them to give their best and we trust our team to be responsible and accountable to their teams. That’s why we have flexible working hours where you and your team can decide on how to go about achieving your goals. We love people who have something to say, and we listen. With us, you will get a chance to dive into our suite of learning products that are being used by millions of users around the world.
We consider the role of management/C-level as coaches rather than managers. Coaches try to demonstrate that we are all fallible & open to feedback. Coaches try to be role models for our values. We would like to encourage conversations where people can ask coaches & colleagues, “What could I be doing better?” & Themselves, “What feedback have I not yet shared?” We believe we will learn faster & become better if we can make giving & receiving feedback less stressful & a more normal part of work life. We try to build trust by giving feedback to our colleagues, even if it is uncomfortable or uncommon to do so. We celebrate the people who are very candid, especially to those in more senior positions.
What we want to see in your experience:
Desired Candidate profile:
What we are looking for in you as a colleague
What SKIDOS can offer you as a professional?
– Work with great people
We are an international team of highly skilled and motivated people with a deep passion and ambitious drive for what we are building. You will learn from the best in various functions.
We disrupt learning and how children will learn in the future by using the latest technology. With our global ambitions, we aim to make a big positive impact on the way children learn now and in the future.
–Perks and Benefits
These are optional and can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive. Here are things we offer: