- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Global Remote
- SALARY: $130,000 – $220,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - long-term
- Ideally you have 5+ years of experience focussed on backend engineering, systems engineering, or scaling web services.
- GoLang is the primary language at Infura and experience with it is preferred, but deep experience with any strongly typed languages supporting concurrency would be sufficient.
- Infura works with open source stacks, so direct experience with open source technologies such as Linux, Docker, Redis, RDBMS and NoSQL storage systems.
- Experience with distributed systems is a bonus.
- A natural curiosity, thirst for knowledge, and interest in diving into blockchain and its complex code bases will help you succeed in this role.
- Our client most successful engineers have a constant desire to improve, refine, and take things higher.
- Great communication and proven abilities to work in a team setting (on premises or fully remote).
San Francisco, CA - United States of America
Golang Job Details
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
Salary based on experience.
Consensys have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. They believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, they can accelerate the world's transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Their product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for their clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, our client enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web.
What you'll do
Infura delivers blockchain API access at internet scale. Look forward to applying the techniques and scaling tricks you've learned over your career to the emerging blockchain technology set. Using GoLang, you will build out system APIs, daemons, and other such microservices to support our high volume APIs and our customer facing frontends. You will analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic internet applications to deliver the best experience to the engineers they serve.
Architect and design systems that provide reliable, scalable access to various blockchains and decentralized networks. Collaborate with an experienced team of senior engineers to build an infrastructure that can service a growing number of developers and projects that are building for the blockchain. The systems you build will be powering the innovation happening in the web3 world.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we'd welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.