- Ottawa - Canada
- Job type
RELOCATION MAY BE PROVIDED
Our Exciting Opportunity!
The organization within Business Unit Networks seeks to work closely with our customers, passionate about the delivery of virtualized RAN solutions.
- Full-stack virtualization of the 5G NR CU and DU
- CRAN & DRAN configurations
- COTS HW including L1 accelerators where needed
- Cloud-Native infrastructure based on ADP framework for SW based on micro-services and containers
- Open interfaces (e.g F1, X2/Xn, A1, 01, LLS…)
- Architecture for automation, AI and machine learning
- Band support: Sub-6 & Mid-Band AAS to start with, High-Band in the future
- Radio support: Potentially all Ericsson NR capable radios with the use of eCPRI or CPRI converter
Be actively engaged in the architecture definition and proactively drive the implementation of NR Radio Control and Management functions running on the Virtual DU side, in particular:
- Deliver scalability, resilience, and performance by taking full advantage of the evolving architectural and services inherent to a Cloud-Native Platform
- Modularize the implementation such that it can balance multiple type of interface (proprietary, ORAN...) and multiple types of Radios (Macro, Mid-Band AAS, High Band, Indoor...)
- Strive for delivery of product and test code that improves the advantages of a DevOps infrastructure
- Cultivate a systematization and implementation that enable rapid feature parity in a Stand-Alone and Hybrid network environment
To be successful in the role you must have:
- 2-3 years’ work in Wireless embedded SW and/or Cloud Native product development
- 1-2 years of work experience in functions related to NR Radio Control and Management
- BSc or MSc level in an SW related subject area
- Experience with the implementation of NR Radio Control and Management functions
- Experience working with Cloud Native core design principles (microservices, containers, pods, Master/worker nodes) is a strong asset
- C++ and Golang would be added bonus
- Innovative demeanor
- Good Communication and Presentation skills
- Mindset for teamwork and collaboration
What’s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team. Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at [email protected]csson.com
The health, safety and well-being of our employees is our priority. Successful applicants will be required to disclose their vaccination status prior to employment. Except for those positions designated as 100% remote, successful applicants who did not provide the required proof of vaccination will be required to test weekly and wear masks at all Ericsson and customer facilities. This includes employees with medical or religious exemptions with testing as an accommodation. Compliance with government and customer requirements regarding vaccination may preclude unvaccinated applicants from employment for a particular job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and you may be required to perform additional job tasks as assigned.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Req ID: 662101