- Amsterdam - Netherlands
- Job type
Worldline is the European leader in digital payments and number four worldwide, powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Every day, our technology provides the trusted infrastructure for millions of people and businesses around the world - and we´re just getting started. We are on an exciting journey to lead the way towards the next frontier of payments. Our ambitions are extraordinarily high, and we need the best people in the world to bring them to life – people like you. So if you are a highly skilled Go Developer looking to make a real impact on the world, join our journey!
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable sustainable economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies. If you are a highly-skilled Golang Developer, then get ready to join our company.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team.
You will work for Worldline’s Merchant Services Global Business Line. This is a major international player in end-to-end Commercial Acquiring, Multichannel Payment Acceptance and Payment Terminal solutions. Merchant Services’ unique combination of payment, digital and transactional expertise allows merchants to boost sales and enhance the customer experience.
We cover the full retail value chain, online and in-store, through a complete approach, delivering a real digital journey for retailers and their customers and facilitating consumer engagement, via seamless services, on any device – with payment at the heart of the shopping experience.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include
- You are responsible of delivering part of a transformation program by:
- Using your GO knowledge to change the technology stack of the current Back Office towards a new and modern technology and architecture that processes payments near-realtime via API’s and events
- Building and deploying the applications using build and deployment pipelines
- You are showing an agile mind-set, by:
- Using Scrum to work with your squad including back-office developers, test automation engineers, technical application engineers and a product owner to accomplish the Sprint Goals committed
- Focusing on continuous improvement and short feedback loops.
Signs of success
- Your applications are built following the Product and technology vision
- Your deliver value every Sprint together with your squad and you use the Sprint review to demo your functionality
- You’re constantly looking to improve yourself, your team, your environment.
Skills we can't do without:
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in complex environments in a similar position
- You have least 1 years building services and systems in Golang
- You have at least the same amount of experience developing in another functional language
- You show interest to use the following techniques:
- Golang / Python (for CICD configurations)
- Docker / Docker Swarm
- HAProxy / Hashicorp Vault, Hashicorp Consul
- ELK stack / PagerDuty / Promethues / Grafana / Kibana
- You have experience working in a DevOps environment
- You have experience in the financial industry and/or e-commerce business
- You are proficient in English
- You are available 40 hours per week
Skills we'd like:
- You show strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- You prove to be a good team player and communicator with a flexible, customer-driven attitude
- You believe in owning your tasks, but solving them as a team
- You show Agile / Lean attitude and mentality.
- You believe in daily improvement, easily adapt to change and have fun while doing it
- You show ambition to grow through experience, curiosity to understand new technologies
- You have the ability to work cross-culturally and across regions
Perks & benefits
Next to a rewarding salary, we offer you the following local benefits in this role:
- Flexible working hours.
- Training facilities (trainings, certifications, attending seminars).
- Travel expenses.
- Employee Share Program. We win together as a team, and our long-term incentive plans are crafted to give every Worldline a financial stake in the business they are helping to grow.
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
Grow with us, create tomorrow
At Worldline, we are dedicated to helping our people unlock their full potential - both professionally and personally. With comprehensive training and development programs, expert communities, and global mobility programs, you will always be able to develop and grow at Worldline - wherever you want to go and whatever you want to do. We also offer flexible hours and remote working, to empower you to be your best self at work and at home. 8 in 10 Worldliners consider Worldline a friendly place to work, and 9 in 10 are satisfied with the training & development they receive.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Learn more about life at Worldline on careers.worldline.com
Job Segment: Developer, Application Developer, Information Technology, Programmer, Sharepoint, Technology