- Brisbane - Australia
- Job type
At Everledger, we are committed to making the world a better place. Our purpose is to contribute to greater transparency, trust, sustainability as well as amazing customer experiences in marketplaces where provenance matters most. By making supply chains more open and transparent, we enable the biggest financial rewards to be received by the real creators of value. We have built the world’s first platform for object provenance, providing the underlying story of high-risk assets.
We are looking for a hands-on Principal Software Engineer to be part of a passionate team of developers and architects building our market leading platform offering supply chain transparency and product authenticity with amazing customer experiences. This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to actively participate in all aspects of the product development lifecycle. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical architecture that powers our platform, focusing on accelerating engineering, and repeatable engineering processes that guide our team of developers. You will work with business stakeholders and product owners to develop solutions to a wide range of problems. If you are a seasoned engineer, energized by a startup environment, love solving complex problems and building a product, and looking for a place where you can have a direct impact then we would love to talk to you!
We are very proud of our culture, that binds us together and makes us one strong united power. Legendary products are created by legendary teams. We call ourselves “Everledgends”, because of the legendary work we create collectively
- Provide direction to large cross-functional teams and ship code with regular oversight
- Be the technical expert on architectural decisions and provide technical guidance across multiple technology stacks
- Demonstrate systems thinking in architectural design, creating flexible and reusable software components
- Develop highly-available, high-performing, scalable, and supportable software
- Build consensus and influence others on best practices and process improvements
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to keep raising the bar for engineering excellence
- Inform Product Strategy by helping leaders understand engineering capabilities
- Seek to reduce architectural complexity
- Mentor engineers and exemplify professionalism and organization values
- You have 8+ years of related experience
- You have a sustained track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large impactful software projects. You think beyond just the task at hand to deeply understand the 'why' behind what you are doing
- You understand engineering fundamentals. You are able to work from first principles to evaluate solutions and adapt them to a unique environment
- You are a broadly skilled engineer accustomed to developing web services. You have experience building always-on systems, working across a variety of technologies and service layers
- You have a product-focused mindset. You have the passion and ability to contribute to the process of discovering what will delight our customers and push forward one of the market leading platforms offering supply chain transparency and product authenticity
- You work with confidence and without ego. Our engineers have deep knowledge and exercise a high degree of leadership in their daily work. You have strongly-held, defensible ideas, and advocate for what you believe is right. You are also adept at identifying and evaluating trade-offs, willing to be proven wrong, and to support your team
- You value, seek out, and foster diversity. We are a global team from many diverse backgrounds, with different experiences and perspectives. You will welcome ideas that are different from your own and be skilled at finding and building common ground
- You have experience in working with both frontend and backend technologies
- You have expertise in consuming and authoring web services and APIs
- You have a solid understanding of cloud-based architectures for modern web, API, and mobile applications
- You have hands-on experience writing and supporting APIs in a production setting
- You have experience in programming in golang or nodejs
- You have experience in React and delivering JS based applications in production
- You have worked with SQL and NoSQL databases
- You have a good understanding of UI concepts including cross-browser compatibility, security principles, accessibility, and general web functions and standards
- You have the ability to clearly communicate complex technical & business concepts
- You have proficiency in using Docker & Kubernetes
- You have experience leading a team of engineers
- DevOps experience
- Blockchain experience
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Wellness Budget - An annual allowance to invest in your physical and mental well-being.
- Learning and Development - When our people develop, so do we. We offer an internal learning program, study leaves, and sabbaticals to support your further education.
- Shares - We have incredibly loyal employees and we reward that loyalty in our ESOP scheme.
- Flexible Working - Employees have the freedom to optimize their own work schedules. This includes the ability to work from home and time off in lieu.
- Birthday leave - An additional day off each year to kick back and celebrate your birthday!
- Social Events - We might work hard, but we never forget to spend time together, celebrating our wins, and having fun
It is Everledger’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to every applicant, regardless of age, sex, marriage & civil partnership, race, disability, religion or belief, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy & maternity. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive culture for every employee.
Disability Confident Committed*
Everledger is also Disability Confident Committed, which means we commit to providing opportunities for those with disabilities, including interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy and consider them on their abilities. Please let us know on your application form if this applies to you.
IMPORTANT: If you require accommodations or adjustments to our standard application or any stage of the recruitment process, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through each stage of your application.
Right to work*
Please ensure you are applying for a role in a region where you have full rights to work in. Unfortunately at this time, Everledger, is unable to aid staff who require support obtaining a work-visa.
Location: 4000,Brisbane, Brisbane QLD 4000
Job Type: Full-time