- CMD Solutions
- Brisbane - Australia
- Job type
If we were to describe CMD Solutions in less than ten words it would be, hands down, that we live and breathe AWS. We're passionate about the latest tech and finding the best solutions for our clients - all built on AWS!
At CMD, our mantra is Automate, Innovate and Transform. This drives our passion to deliver advanced and sophisticated AWS data solutions that lead the industry. We harness the power of AWS to deliver infrastructure as code, in a pure DevOps, CI/CD methodology and build innovative data solutions for our clients.
We're also part of Mantel Group's 'house of brands' and we're building a group of companies (Eliiza, DigIO, Kasna, Pretzel Lab, Azenix, Cuusoo & Itty Bitty Apps) with open borders so we can support you to take on and develop new skills without leaving an awesome team! Oh yeah, we've also created a culture that values diversity where people can truly be themselves!
CMD Solutions is an AWS Premier Partner while Mantel Group has been recognised as #1 in Best Places to Work in Australia 2021.
What do we expect from our Lead Consultants:
We want passionate consultants to help us grow CMD's reputation in the marketplace by delivering high quality consulting services to our clients. As a Lead Consultant in our business, you will develop and grow trusted relationships with clients, which complement the company's commercial and strategic relationships , whilst mentoring other team members. You'll contribute to the development of our core platform and patterns to meet current and future client requirements.
In your role as a Lead Consultant, you will:
- Provide consulting services that combine architectural vision with hands-on technical experience using some of the latest cloud technologies and methods
- Design, develop, build and operate sophisticated and highly automated secure AWS and Hybrid infrastructure that adheres with Industry compliance standards
- Use software development and Software Configuration Management (SCM), DevOps and Continuous Integration methods to build, configure and manage the infrastructure
- Define and drive new architectures based on the applicable regulatory compliance standards and work with multiple stakeholders to gain endorsement
- End to end ownership of projects and solutions at the client site; including management a project team of up 10 consultants
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis and resolve issues as needed to achieve project outcomes
- Liaise with the project team, clients, vendors and stakeholders using multiple communication channels to manage the delivery of the project
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients as a source of informed, reliable, professional advice about solution options based on the consultant's specific skills and knowledge.
- Identify and completes tasks with minimal supervision and provides oversight and guidance to all level consultants
- Willingness to continually upskill; including learning new technologies and obtaining new certifications
- Build, recognise and promptly advise CMD management of potential follow-on business opportunities.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Good written & verbal communication skills, including strong stakeholder management, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to identify trends within their practice relating to products and services and communicate them effectively to the wider practice.
- Bring a positive can-do attitude to the team
- Ability to lead and mentor others where appropriate
What tech you'll need to know:
- Infrastructure as code - Terraform or CDK
- Container technologies - Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
- Serverless technologies - Serverless framework,
- Scripting and automating - Golang, Bash and/or Python
- Containerising applications and securing container workloads in the cloud
- Experience with observability implementation and management
- CI/CD tooling - Gitlab-CI, BuildKite, AzureDevOps, GitHub Actions
- AWS professional certifications
What's on offer?
- An opportunity to work for an award winning AWS Consultancy- we were awarded AWS Partner of the year in 2020
- You'll be joining a team of cloud experts, super passionate, supportive & trusting team who'll move mountains to help you achieve your objective
- A culture of trust. We set clear expectations, provide feedback & opportunities to support your growth
- We don't do policies or performance reviews or hierarchies or bureaucracy
- Plenty of career development opportunities to grow your career with us as we expand
- Supportive and friendly team applying the best solutions and technologies
- You'll get all the tools you need - a new iPhone or Google phone, a new MacBook Pro and a lot of branded swag!
- Paid AWS training and certifications, as well as other relevant training/certs applicable to the role
Keen to chat?
Click "Apply" to share your details with our talent team, and we'll be in touch.
We value a diverse workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and minority groups to apply.
In the meantime, check out 'how we hire' to find out what's in store if you're successful and get to know us better by visiting our website and following CMD Solutions on LinkedIn.
Job Type: Full-time