- Advanced Navigation
- Sydney - Australia
- Job type
Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally.
Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
Click below to find out a little more about us:https://www.smartcompany.com.au/startupsmart/news/advanced-navigation-funding-unicorn/
Overview of Position
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with expertise in real-time video streaming. Join our Platform Team and help us build the best drone streaming experience into Cloud Ground Control.We're looking for an engineer to own and lead our efforts to make our real-time streaming platform reliable, adaptive to varying network conditions and as high quality as possible. You will bring knowledge of video codecs and media streaming, and also be happy to learn new things and help improve any part of the system.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Improving video quality and latency in poor network conditions
- Measuring performance and stream quality at a deep level and using that as a yardstick in order to measure the progress
- Optimising the client library to improve streaming performance and reduce latency
- Developing techniques to improve streaming reliability and quality on all platforms including mobile
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of computer science or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with developing and optimising real-time video streaming systems
- Have worked directly with video (H.264) and know how the codecs work, what their limitations are, and how best to utilise them in a real-time system
- Deep knowledge of networking and real-world experience with dealing with the unpredictability and variability of the internet (e.g., packet loss, latency, bandwidth estimation)
- Experience with Java or Golang
- Experience building and operating video infrastructure at scale on AWS
Key Behavioural Qualities
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
- We are looking for individuals who really enjoy being engaged in robotics and are full of ideas for how we can improve our technology and development processes
- Self-driven and life-long learner who’s not accepting of the status quo
- A genuine interest for anything robotic-related, and R&D generally
- Someone who mandates quality and will not accept a low standard of work, but is able to work quickly on prototyping activities when it is clear that progress is more important than perfection.
- A passionate, hungry learner that gets excited about professional growth and being challenged by new opportunities
- Proactive communicator who facilitates efficient discussion of problems at the earliest opportunity, especially when significant problems surface that require long-term action to correct.
- Have a collaborative and team-oriented mindset for accomplishing goals and a bias-to-action and desire to make things happen.
- Be confident developing disruptive technologies and pushing the boundaries of what is possible
- Recognises the unique opportunity a career with ADNAV offers, and strives for the success of the company as well as their own development. They should visibly show enthusiasm to take on problems.
- Who is able to plan their own work around a general brief, be adaptable and recognise and avoid dead ends.
- Able to understand the design brief being asked of them and be proactive in gathering the information they need or asking questions until they understand well enough to proceed.
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation, with coffee and breakfast provided, to keep you going throughout the day.