(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
- Job type
We are part of the team behind Kaufland. de: Several thousand merchants and millions of products make our multi-channel portal one of the largest marketplaces in Germany. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the opportunities offered by a large corporation in the background. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether as an intern or an executive: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
We love flexibility! We offer you the best environment to work in a flexible and focused way: You decide whether you want to work in our office in Cologne // Darmstadt while at the same time having the opportunity to work remotely. We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and a maximum of flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day-by-day, our development team of about 250 experts pursues the goal of creating the best-possible customer shopping experience for the Kaufland. de marketplace. We are here to inspire millions of customers, to help them find, purchase and get the things they love. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams, in which product owners, product designers, frontend and backend engineers, data scientists and lean managers join forces.
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, your mission is to improve the quality of life of all developers and marketplace users by assisting teams provide reliable and performant solutions
- You are working on core production applications and platforms. Your goal will be to ensure the product is always fast, available, scalable and well-engineered to withstand unparalleled demand
- You are an integral part of our product development teams and are involved in the entire product lifecycle of their applications, making use of both infrastructure as well as software engineering expertise
- You have accountability for the reliability of our production assets - from designing resilient applications, to predicting and managing risks, to monitoring and operating the applications in production
- You work closely with our platform and infrastructure teams to ensure the balance between feature delivery speed and application availability
- You have a broad scope on a large variety of topics. Whether it’s about system design and architecture, internal platforms, deployment processes or monitoring topics, your involvement in both operational and strategic topics is invaluable
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You have experience in both software development and operations. Your background is Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Architect or similar
- You bring sound experience with concepts such as Monitoring, Infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD and Cloud Platforms
- You are familiar with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes/Helm, Terraform and ideally have some experience as a backend or full stack developer, ideally with some background in PHP, Node.js or GoLang
- You possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and system architecture, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle complex problems
- You are excited about working with cloud native technologies and motivated to support colleagues on topics that improve our internal development lifecycle
- You are a strong team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and profiles as well as share knowledge and strive for continuous development and learning
- You have excellent communication skills, are willing to embrace our company culture and values and enjoy working in an international, english-speaking team
- Create your own work-life! We offer you the best possible flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- The future is digital - Develop the e-commerce of the future with us and work on a product with millions of users with a broadly-based technology stack
- Power meets dynamic - flat hierarchies and start-up mentality meet and the power of a big corporate group and offers you an agile and secure working environment at the same time
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Personal & team growth: We love to have flexibility in terms of working location, but we also believe that personal interactions are important. That’s why we organize company events, and cover the costs to bring you there and to other (approved) get togethers with your peers. The same applies to conferences and other learning opportunities. We want everybody to grow personally and professionally, as a team and as a company.
- Top conditions at the Urban Sports Club for fitness, team sports, yoga and more
You would rather like to work part-time? No problem for us - let’s figure out the ideal work-life balance together!
Refer an Engineer Program: You want to work for us, but not without your dearest colleague? Join us as a team and earn money by referring your buddy for one of our open Tech positions! Depending on the level we offer a bonus up to 1.300€ per referral, which will be paid after successful recruitment (the first part with your first salary, the second part after your buddy passes the trial period).