- Salary Range
- 1000000 USD
- Job type
What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic health record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and are committed to making sure every pixel of our product is in service of the doctor. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things. Check out this short video to learn more about our mission and our culture.
What will you do everyday?
You will work directly with the microservices that integrate Suki products with some of the world's top health systems. You will build out features and services that directly impact doctors and their patients. You will drive the strategy and technical direction of our EMR integration efforts, exploring ways to standardize, streamline, and scale our integration platform. You will be the builders of the systems that bring Suki to thousands of clinicians and improve their lives everyday.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Expertise: You know how to code. You understand our tech stack and can be productive with it. In other words, you’ve done this before.
- Action oriented: You love to build. You like to ship fast and quickly iterate.
- Creativity: You enjoy listening to user feedback and then building product in novel ways. You’re resourceful and enjoy finding alternate paths to success.
- Problem solving: you use data to help point you in the correct direction. You optimize relentlessly. You think business and engineering problems are like puzzles and you stick with them until they are solved.
- Humility: You’re humble and love working in a team without ego to deliver products
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Confidence: You trust your abilities and you’re ready to push yourself to the next level.
- Communication: You are a clear communicator and demonstrated consensus-builder.
- 4+ years experience in a software engineering role
- Intimate knowledge of Golang and the ability to add and modify functionality to improve current integration capabilities.
- Very capable of communication with existing microservices using protobufs as a data flow mechanism.
- Knows how to containerize services using docker and kubernetes.
- Experience taking product technical design from inception to production
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals including algorithms, data structures and design
- Experience with health systems and EHRs are a plus
Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We don’t expect every candidate to have done everything listed above, but you should be able to make a credible case that you meet most of the criteria and are ready for the challenge of adding new technologies to your résumé.
This position is remote within the Pacific, Mountain, and Central time zones of the United States. You are welcome to visit and/or work out of our office in Redwood City, California. One week a year, we gather for a company-wide retreat.